Lidia Velázquez holds more than 14 years of experience in Intellectual Property. She began her professional career at the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI) where she collaborated for nearly 8 years in various departments such as, Divisional Sub-directorate for Examination of Distinctive Signs, Divisional Sub-directorate for Legal Registry Services and Geographical Indications, Divisional Sub-directorate for Protection of Intellectual Property specifically in the IP Crimes Department.
Subsequently, she collaborated in one of the most important Mexican intellectual property law firms, where she headed the area of trademarks, patents, and copyrights at national and international level, mainly advising companies of national and foreign industries in the pharmaceutical, alcoholic beverages, restaurant, and food industries.
In January 2023 she was appointed as an arbitrator authorized by the National Copyright Institute (INDAUTOR) to settle any copyright dispute.
- Advised Doopla, the first Fintech in Mexico regulated by the CNBV, on intellectual property protection and intangible assets.
- Represented ANCE AC, a leading company in Mexico in the standardization and conformity assessment industry, in obtaining the declaration of notoriety of the ANCE trademark.
- Advised Tequila Casa Dragones in the Due Diligence process for the sale of shares, regarding the acquisition and management of the validity of its trademarks and domain names.
- Leader of the team that represented several Mexican generic pharmaceutical companies in the management of their trademark portfolios.
- Leader in the coordination of operations with worldwide correspondents (from Asia, Europe, Africa, Caribbean, America, Oceania) for obtaining distinctive signs and patents in the field of Industrial Property with various clients in the entertainment industry, food and beverage industry and alcoholic beverages.
Law Degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico (1990)
LL.M in Intellectual Property Law and Digital Innovation at the University of Alicante, Spain (2022)