Juan Carlos is an attorney with 15 years of experience providing legal services in the field of corporate, transactional, and real estate law and with solid experience in private equity and venture capital transactions. Juan Carlos represents both domestic and foreign clients, in the public and private sectors, in the planning and implementation of their businesses in Mexico, as well as the design of the appropriate corporate structure to carry out such businesses.
He advises on the drafting and negotiation of different types of commercial agreements and documents, such as sale and purchase of shares, assets, real estate, supply, lease, general terms and conditions, memorandums of understanding, letters of intent, consultancy, services, fideicomisos (trusts), trademark and software licenses, confidentiality and inter-company agreements, with experience in structuring mergers and acquisition transactions and establishment of joint ventures (including the drafting and negotiation of acquisition agreements and shareholders’ agreements). He actively provides legal counsel to entrepreneurs, startups, venture capital investors and individual innovators in a wide range of sectors.
Juan Carlos holds a law degree from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México; He holds a Master of Laws from Northwestern University and a Master of Business Administration from Kellogg School of Management.
- Advised Fibra Plus, a Mexican Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), and its relevant subsidiaries and related companies, in the conduction of an extensive internal property- level real estate due diligence process with respect to 57 individual properties within Mexico, with a total approximate surface of 600,000 square meters.
- Advised Proyectos ATB, S.A. de C.V., a major real estate developer based in the city of Puebla, with the review, restructuring and renegotiation of several real estate and commercial agreements with current tenants, and independent contractors in connection to Talanta´s real estate housing project in the city of Puebla of approximately 3,000 square meters.
- Advised East-West Manufacturing, a provider of integrated electronics manufacturing services, on the acquisition of the Mexican operations of Compass Electronic Solutions.
- Advised Fibra Plus and Fibra HD, a Mexican Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), with all legal, and corporate aspects of Fibra´s day-to-day transactions, trading and offerings of its securities listed in the Mexican Stock Exchange, as well as the preparation of all applicable and required notices before the Mexican regulators.
- Acted as general legal counsel of Cognizant Technologies, leading provider of information technology in Mexico.
- Advised Palantir Technologies on an ongoing basis, on all corporate matters of its Mexican subsidiary: Palantir Technologies Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Advised and represented Newell Brands Inc., a global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products, in the successful implementation of a merger that combined the business operations and assets of three of its Mexican subsidiaries in Mexico.
- Advised Skyview Capital in the cross-border acquisition of the Mexican subsidiary of Conduent Incorporated (NYSE: CNDT), as part of a global transaction from which the new entity “Continuum Global Solutions” emerged.
- Assisted Creation Technologies in the cross-border acquisition of Applied Technical Services, an electronics manufacturing services provider that designs and builds electronics components used in a range of products across industries.
- Advised Syntax in the acquisition of Freudenberg IT Mexico (FIT), a global provider of cloud services and information technology. As a result of this transaction, Syntax will now have the ability to expand its services to provide SAP (System Application and Product) consulting and services while expanding its geographic presence in Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, in addition to adding 850 employees to its labor force.
- Acts as general corporate legal counsel, as well as a transactional advisor to Ideas & Capital in Mexico.
- Advised Newell Brands on the merger between Newell Rubbermaid de México and Sunbeam Mexicana, to incorporate a new company of $400 million dollars. The merger was the cornerstone in the corporate restructuring of the Newell group in Latin America, derived from the global acquisition of Jarden Group by Newell.
LLM, in International Business Law, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico, Degree in process
LLM, Northwestern University Chicago, United States of America, 2013
Master in Business Administration, Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management, Chicago, United States of America, 2013
Law degree, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico, 2009
Certificate in Corporate Law, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico, 2008
- Nearshoring, la transición del “Made in China” al “Hecho en México”, IDC Online, Mexico City, 2023 (only available in Spanish).
- “Getting the Deal Through Real Estate 2017”; (published in November 2016); Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd.
- “Getting the Deal Through Real Estate and M&A 2018”; (published in November 2017); Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd.
- “Joint ventures in Mexico: overview; 2017/18 edition”. A part of the Joint Ventures Law Global Guide- Practical Law - A Thomson Reuters legal solution.