Eduardo focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions and financings. He has participated in matters advising domestic and foreign companies, private equity funds and funds specialized in certain sectors, in the acquisition of companies and assets in operations in the energy, infrastructure, advertising and hotel sectors, among others, as well as in the management of the corporate governance of all types of companies. He has also participated in advising regulated and non-regulated entities and financial institutions in the granting of financing, constitution and cancellation of guarantees, cross-border financing, trusts and other financial instruments.
Eduardo holds a law degree from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
- Represented East West Manufacturing, LLC (EW) in the Mexican portion of the purchase of Eastprint Incorporated (EPI), a maquila of printed electronic composites and interface technologies based in Ciudad Juárez.
- Represented United States International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) in connection with a $45 million USD credit facility in favor of Mexarrend, S.A.P.I de C.V. (Tangelo), a technology company specializing in alternative financing.
- Represented Swvl in its expansion with the acquisition of Urbvan, the mass transportation technology platform.
- Advised Sportium in the negotiations for a growth investment with Northgate Capital.
- Represented Sucro Can Sourcing as borrower in a USD 275 million revolving borrowing base facility from lenders led by Coöperatieve Rabobank, U.A., New York Branch.
- Advised Fibra Plus, a Mexican Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), and its relevant subsidiaries and related companies, in the conduction of an extensive internal property- level real estate due diligence process with respect to 57 individual properties within Mexico, with a total approximate surface of 600,000 square meters.
- Advised Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (“SMBC”), a Japanese multinational banking and financial services, with respect to financial regulatory matters and transactions in Mexico, which include, among others, corporate, regulatory and compliance upkeeping of SMBC, S.A.P.I. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R., a non-banking lending subsidiary of SMBC.
- Represented SMBC, S.A.P.I. de C.V., SOFOM, E.N.R., a subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, as lender of an MXN 140 million (approximately USD 70 million) master loan facility to the Mexican leasing subsidiary of a large industrial conglomerate.
- Represented U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and Calvert Impact Inc. in the negotiations and structuring of a secured line of credit in favor of Imperative Advisors to finance Echale's construction of 5,000 homes for the benefit of unbanked families in Mexico, many of them led by women. This financing is part of DFC's 2X Women's Initiative, through which the agency sponsors projects that are women-owned, women-led or provide products and services that empower women. Echale is a company focused on social development that offers housing solutions to low-income families and contributes to the integral development of communities.
- Advised Fibra Plus and Fibra HD, a Mexican Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), with all legal, and corporate aspects of Fibra´s day-to-day transactions, trading and offerings of its securities listed in the Mexican Stock Exchange, as well as the preparation of all applicable and required notices before the Mexican regulators.
Law degree, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico, 2018