We have extensive experience advising foreign and domestic clients in acquisitions and real estate transactions involving maquila operations; the Firm advises on IMMEX, labor practices, import/export and environmental regulations. Our M&A and Real Estate Practices and partners Luis Gonzalez and Fernando Eraña, in particular, have been consistently ranked in Chambers and Partners and The Legal 500 as among the best in Mexico.
- Represented East West Manufacturing, LLC (EW) in the Mexican portion of the purchase of Eastprint Incorporated (EPI), a maquila of printed electronic composites and interface technologies based in Ciudad Juárez.
- Represented Prairie Capital in the Mexican portion of the global sale of one of its portfolio companies, Architectural Lighting Work (ALW), a leader in providing interior and exterior architectural lighting solutions with LED lights to LMPG Inc, a leader in LED lighting solutions based in Montreal. The transaction takes place in a context where the country's maquila industry will benefit from Nearshoring.
- Represented New-Indy Containerboard in the Mexican portion of the acquisition of Reliable Container Corporation, a California corporation (with maquila facilities in Tijuana, Mexico), from Georgia-Pacific, an American pulp and paper company, one of the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of tissue, pulp, paper, toilet and paper towel dispensers, packaging, building products and related chemicals.
- Represented Bertram Capital Management in the Mexican portion of the global acquisition of Perennials & Sutherland, a leading company in the design and manufacture of acrylic fabric for interiors and exteriors and the development of luxury outdoor furniture, including all environmental, sanitary, customs, and contractual matters regarding their entity’s facilities located in 3 different Industrial Complex.
- Represented Creation Technologies in the cross-border acquisition of Applied Technical Services and its maquila operations in Mexico in a 33,460 square feet industrial facility in Hermosillo, Sonora. Applied Technical Services is an electronics manufacturing services provider that designs and builds electronics components used in a range of products across industries.
- Advised Newell Rubbermaid Global (NYSE: NWL) in the expansion project of a manufacturing
plant in Mexicali, Baja California, in a net investment of over $40 million pesos with the potential of
2,100 new jobs and representation of its subsidiary Electronica BRK de Mexico to operate an industrial facility in Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua.
Other Maquila Clients
- VitalMed Inc.
- Spectrum Plastics
- Api Technologies