Our team has extensive experience in dispute resolution, representing companies, individuals and governmental entities before Mexican and international courts at all levels, as well as in all types of appeals in civil, commercial and administrative matters, with a notable specialization in amparo proceedings. Our team has successfully represented numerous clients in several emblematic cases before the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation and even before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.
The recognition of the Litigation practice at Pérez Correa González is due to the experience of our trial lawyers, as well as their broad transactional practice and professional ethics, allowing us to address novel legal issues and complex factual circumstances in the most effective and efficient manner for our clients.
- Represented Exportadora de Sal in a series of multimillion disputes regarding the termination of certain contracts for the sale and distribution of salt brine and sea salt.
- Provided legal defense and represented Servicios de Apoyo Profesional in a multimillion-dollar dispute regarding the construction of the World Trade Center’s Convention’s Center.
- Represented Aceros Camesa in a series of disputes brought against different debtors in order to collect million-dollar debts regarding the sale of steel products in Mexico.
- Represented KCA International Construction Management & Consulting, in a multimillion-dollar dispute against a subcontractor, regarding the construction of the central offices of Baker Hughes in the state of Veracruz.
- Represented MIO Organization in six different agrarian trials, where the plaintiffs sought to nullify the purchase agreements of several seaside land lots (for a combined area of over 450 hectares).
- Represented Fideicomisos Instituidos en Relación con la Agricultura (FIRA) in several multimillion-pesos trials against non-banking financial intermediaries, which allocated FIRA’s financial resources among rural producers.
- Represented Tuxpan Port Terminal, subsidiary of SSA Marine A Carrix Enterprise in a real estate dispute regarding the boundary limits of its property in the Tuxpan Port Terminal in Veracruz.
- Represented the United States International Development Finance Corporation (previously Overseas Private Investment Corporation) in a mortgage foreclosure action on a multimillion-dollar real estate property in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Advised Getman Corporation in a dispute brought by a former distributor in Mexico, regarding the distribution of mining equipment.
- Advised Japan Tobacco International in a series of disputes brought by and against a former distributor in Mexico. Also, we represented JTI in the proceedings for the enforcement and recognition of an arbitral award obtained issued in France, under the rules of the ICC.
- Represented Hyundai Motor Company, Hyundai de México, in a series of multi-billion-dollar disputes brought against a reseller distributor in Mexico. The team was able to successfully stay and revoke certain interim measures obtained by the counterparty.
- Represented Overseas Private Investment Corporation (now DFC) in a mortgage foreclosure action upon a multimillion-dollar real estate property in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Represented FMO, IIC and DEG in an action to repossess a mortgage loan portfolio from a Su Casita Hipotecaria, in a bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented Export Import Bank in an action to recover and foreclose 3 aircrafts from a local airline in a bankruptcy proceeding.
- Represented CSI Leasing in multiple large collection and repossession cases in lease disputes.
- Represented Iljin Electric, a South Korean of high-voltage electrical transmission manufacturer, in a dispute for the sale of cables to be used in a transmission line project.
- Participated in a US Section 1782 Discovery to obtain documents that were used by the Mexican Water Commission in a major infrastructure controversy in Mexico.