The team of Pérez Correa González is well recognized in the practice of Litigation, Arbitration, and Mediation. We have extensive experience in the area of dispute resolution, representing companies, individuals, and government entities, before Mexican and international courts in all instances, as well as in national and international arbitration proceedings and other alternative means of dispute resolution.
We also have expertise in all types of appeals regarding civil, commercial, and administrative matters, as well as a notable specialization in the Amparo proceeding. Our litigation team has successfully represented numerous clients in various emblematic cases before the Mexican Supreme Court, before arbitration panels of organizations such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and even before the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.
Fernando Pérez Correa is a certified mediator of the Superior Court of Justice of Mexico City, which has enhanced the expertise of our Firm in mediation matters, allowing our team to get involved both in cases in which he represents one of the parties and in conflicts in which he acts as an impartial third party that brings the parties together and supports them in resolving their dispute.
The recognition of the litigation practice at Pérez Correa González is due both to the experience of our litigation attorneys and to their extensive transactional practice and professional ethics. This approach allows us to address novel legal issues and complex factual circumstances in the most effective and efficient manner for our clients.
- Advised Japan Tobacco International in a series of disputes brought by and against a former distributor in Mexico. Also, we represented JTI in the proceedings for the enforcement and recognition of an arbitral award obtained issued in France, under the rules of the ICC.
- Represented Exportadora de Sal in a series of multimillion disputes regarding the termination of certain contracts for the sale and distribution of salt brine and sea salt.
- Represented Hyundai Motor Company, Hyundai de México, in a series of multi-billion-dollar disputes brought against a reseller distributor in Mexico. The team was able to successfully stay and revoke certain interim measures obtained by the counterparty.
- Provided legal defense and represented Servicios de Apoyo Profesional in a multimillion-dollar dispute regarding the construction of the World Trade Center’s Convention’s Center.
- Represented Aceros Camesa in a series of disputes brought against different debtors in order to collect million-dollar debts regarding the sale of steel products in Mexico.
- Represented KCA International Construction Management & Consulting, in a multimillion-dollar dispute against a subcontractor, regarding the construction of the central offices of Baker Hughes in the state of Veracruz.
- Represented MIO Organization in six different agrarian trials, where the plaintiffs sought to nullify the purchase agreements of several seaside land lots (for a combined area of over 450 hectares).
- Represented Fideicomisos Instituidos en Relación con la Agricultura (FIRA) in several multimillion-pesos trials against non-banking financial intermediaries, which allocated FIRA’s financial resources among rural producers.
- Represented Tuxpan Port Terminal, subsidiary of SSA Marine A Carrix Enterprise in a real estate dispute regarding the boundary limits of its property in the Tuxpan Port Terminal in Veracruz.
- Represented the United States International Development Finance Corporation (previously Overseas Private Investment Corporation) in a mortgage foreclosure action on a multimillion-dollar real estate property in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Advised Getman Corporation in a dispute brought by a former distributor in Mexico, regarding the distribution of mining equipment.