Our M&A team has extensive experience in multiple "tailor-made" transactions with local and transnational companies, non-banking institutions, and private equity funds in a wide range of activities related to the purchase of shares and assets, joint venture and partnership models, and related transactions including analysis, due diligence and suggesting structures to the type of transaction, assessing the associated risks and contingency factors.
We are recognized as one of the best practices in Mergers & Acquisitions in the country.
- Represented East West Manufacturing, LLC (EW) in the Mexican portion of the purchase of Eastprint Incorporated (EPI), a maquila of printed electronic composites and interface technologies based in Ciudad Juárez.
- Represented Prairie Capital in the Mexican portion of the global sale of one of its portfolio companies, Architectural Lighting Work (ALW), a leader in providing interior and exterior architectural lighting solutions with LED lights to LMPG Inc, a leader in LED lighting solutions based in Montreal. The transaction takes place in a context where the country's maquila industry will benefit from Nearshoring.
- Advised Sportium in the negotiations for a growth investment with Northgate Capital.
- Represented Swvl in its expansion with the acquisition of Urbvan, the mass transportation technology platform.
- Advised Semtech Corporation in the Mexican portion of the sale of its subsidiary, Semtech Corpus Christi Corporation, to Micross for US$30 million.
- Advised East-West Manufacturing, a provider of integrated electronics manufacturing services, on the acquisition of the Mexican operations of Compass Electronic Solutions.
- Advised Elevva, since its landing in Mexico, in its strategy of brand acquisitions operating in Mercado Libre, replicating in the Latin-American region the trend of aggregators of e-commerce brands that has been so successful in the United States.
- Advised and represented Newell Brands Inc., a global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products, in the successful implementation of a merger that combined the business operations and assets of three of its Mexican subsidiaries in Mexico.
- Assisted Creation Technologies in the cross-border acquisition of Applied Technical Services, an electronics manufacturing services provider that designs and builds electronics components used in a range of products across industries.
- Represented New-Indy Containerboard in the Mexican portion of its acquisition of Reliable Container in Tijuana, Baja California. Reliable Container is a subsidiary of Georgia Pacific one of the world's largest manufacturers and distributors of tissue, pulp, paper, toilet, and paper towel dispensers, packaging, building products, and related chemicals. New-Indy is a joint venture between The Kraft Group and Schwarz Partners LP. two private entities with experience in the paper and packaging industry.
- Represented Sterimed in the acquisition of Especialistas en Esterilización y Envase (EEE), a global leader in the manufacture and distribution of health-related products, as part of its expansion plans in LATAM.
- Represented Syntax Systems in the acquisition of Freudenberg IT Mexico (FIT), a global provider of cloud and Information Technology for first-rate medium-sized companies.
- Represented Bertram Capital in the Mexican portion of the global acquisition of Perennials & Sutherland, a leading company in the design and manufacture of acrylic fabric for interiors and exteriors and the development of luxury outdoor furniture.
- Advised Newell Brands in the merger between two of its most profitable Mexican subsidiaries: Newell Rubbermaid de México, and Sunbeam Mexicana to incorporate a $400 million dollars new company. The merger was a cornerstone in the corporate restructuring of the entire Newell group in Latin America, derived from the global acquisition of the Jarden group by Newell.
- Advised Tenedora Reyor in the sale of its equity to the Mexican subsidiary of the Canadian real-estate & project development firm UrbanHub. The value of the transaction was approximately $12 million dollars.
- Advised Clear Channel Outdoor Mexico in the negotiation and implementation of the legal structure of Ecobici, a public transport service by means of shared bicycles that is part of Mexico City's Green Plan. Ecobici is the result of a public-private partnership between the Mexico City Ministry of the Environment and Clear Channel.
- Advised DB Zwirn (Fortress Investment Group LLC) regarding the acquisition from BBVA Bancomer of a portfolio of non-performing assets valued at $100 million dollars.
- Represented the shareholders of Espomega, in the sale of all its capital and intellectual property to Bunzl, Plc.
- Advised Grupo Farmatodo in the negotiation and structure of a joint venture and a co-investment with Controladora de Farmacias, a subsidiary of Grupo Nadro, the largest distributor in Mexico of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical products.
- Represented Serral Laboratorios in the negotiation and structure of a joint venture with Pfizer.
- Represented Newell Brands Inc. (NYSE: NWL) in the sale of its interest in Newell Window Furnishings de Mexico, a leading subsidiary in the curtains, blinds, and upholstery business, by a Mexican subsidiary of Hunter Douglas in a transaction valued at $270 million dollars.
- Assisted Skyview Capital, a global private investment firm, on all legal aspects and negotiations related to the cross-border acquisition of “Conduent de México, S.A. de C.V.”, a subsidiary of Conduent Incorporated (NYSE: CNDT). The global transaction, which involved several jurisdictions, was structured as a combination of equity and asset deal.
- Assisted MCAM Advanced Materials Mexico (a Mitsubishi subsidiary) in the corporate global restructure of Q Engineering Plastic Products, world lead plastic product solutions provider, due to the acquisition of Mitsubishi ´s holding companies.
- Represented In-RGY Consulting, a Canadian human resources information system consulting firm, In the acquisition of Iane, S.A. de C.V. (AYAX), Ultimate Kronos’ Group (UKG) main partner.
- Represented Vilebrequin in the acquisition of its exclusive distributor in Mexico.