We have extensive experience representing all types of creditors and debtors in the negotiation and structuring of credit facilities governed under foreign law and secured by assets in Mexico.
- Represented, during the last 10 years, the United States International Development Finance Corporation (previously Overseas Private Investment Corporation) in the negotiation and structuring of several secured credit facilities, including in favor of Bien Para Bien, Vehículos Líquidos Financieros (Velifin) (Bien para Bien and Velfin focused on financing SMEs); CSI Leasing Mexico (financial leasing), Xtreme Cinemas (a chain of cinemas based on medium-sized cities) and Bravo Energy recycling industrial oils).
- Represented California Bank & Trust in structuring a revolving credit facility to CDC, a Mexican subsidiary of Caribbean Distillers Corporation Limited, secured with movable assets, real estate, and trademarks related to Tequila Patrón.
- Represented Black Canyon Capital in the negotiation and structuring of a secured credit facility for $20 million dollars in favor of Inmobiliaria Playa Ensueño, for financing a tourism development in Puerto Peñasco, Sonora. Black Canyon Capital is a private equity fund focused on the acquisition of controlling and non-controlling equity interests and debt instruments.
- Represented PNC Bank in structuring a secured line of credit.
- Represented California Bank & Trust in structuring a revolving credit facility for CDC, a Mexican subsidiary of Caribbean Distillers Corporation Limited, secured by personal property, real estate and trademarks related to Tequila Patrón.
- Represented Bank of America Mexico as agent for holders of bonds issued by Controladora Comercial Mexicana, in connection with the financial restructuring of Controladora Comercial Mexicana.
- Represented Bank of America México, as agent for holders of bonds backed by bridge mortgage loans originated by Metrofinanciera, in the financial restructuring of Metrofinanciera.