Our Corporate practice maintains its leading position, assisting local and multinational companies, banks, non-bank financial institutions, investment funds, and technology companies in a number of corporate transactions, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, contractual matters including foreign investment, anti-money laundering, and other legal-business aspects before Mexican financial authorities.
- Represented Olarena Hospitality Group in the negotiations with Mextenis to hold Los Cabos Open Tennis Tournament at Cabo Sports Complex.
- Advised Syniti’s Mexican subsidiary “DMR LATAM” on general legal advice on all its corporate matters. Syniti is a leading data management services company, with client portfolio including Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
- Assisted Fibra Plus and Fibra HD, a Mexican Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), with all legal, and corporate aspects of Fibra´s day-to-day transactions, trading and offerings of its securities listed in the Mexican Stock Exchange, as well as the preparation of all applicable and required notices before the Mexican regulators.
- Acted as general legal counsel of Cognizant Technologies, leading provider of information technology in Mexico.
- Advised Casa Dragones (Playa Holding Corporation) on its global expansion to start operations and the sale of its products in new countries, which entails the coordination, negotiation and preparation of several legal documents over multiple jurisdictions and connecting with legal teams of all over the world.
- Represented The Lost Explorer Mezcal, a handcrafted spirit made in Oaxaca, on all corporate matters.
- Advised and assisted Moody’s Investors Service with its operations in Mexico, which include corporate and in-house matters pertaining its Mexican subsidiary rating agency, Moody’s de Mexico, and compliance of regulatory obligations with financial supervisors such as the Mexican Banking and Securities Commission and the Securities Exchange Markets.
- Assisted Palantir Technologies in all corporate and legal matters required to upgrade its Mexican subsidiary as part of the global compliance in the preparation of Palantir's IPO in the U.S.
- Assisted Rotamundos in the creation of an initial investment of $30 million pesos. Rotamundosis a social hotel chain focused on rural tourism in Mexico and Latin America.
- Assisted with the negotiations of the biggest Mexican contract of MediaMonks with Grupo Posadas, to renew its complete marketing structure, app functionality, and media content, acting as the sole legal representative in Mexico of MediaMonks, and successfully managing the negotiations.
- Advised Playa Spirits/Casa Dragones de Mexico Company on all internal corporate issues, assisting them with contractual matters and regulatory compliance advice. Playa Spirits is a company that specialized in the production of liquor.