Our Private Equity & Venture Capital Practice has been a pioneer in Mexico and is currently one of the most respected in the country.
The team has acquired extensive experience advising funds, investors, and entrepreneurs on Fund formation and venture capital investment.
Pérez Correa González is an active member of AMEXCAP and both Luis Fernando González and Fernando Eraña have contributed to several articles and publications on Venture Capital in Mexico. In addition, Fernando Eraña has lectured on venture capital at different universities in Mexico.
We are part of the network of mentors and experts from the TechnoArt@Selina platform, exclusively advising entrepreneurs from all over the world with innovative and disruptive projects in Mexico.
- Represented Prairie Capital in the Mexican portion of the global sale of one of its portfolio companies, Architectural Lighting Work (ALW), a leader in providing interior and exterior architectural lighting solutions with LED lights to LMPG Inc, a leader in LED lighting solutions based in Montreal. The transaction takes place in a context where the country's maquila industry will benefit from Nearshoring.
- Represented Swvl in its expansion with the acquisition of Urbvan, the mass transportation technology platform.
- Represented Sportium in the negotiations with Northgate Capital for a growth investment.
- Advised Ideas y Capital on inhouse matters and on transactional matters, including equity and debt financing rounds at Deporprivé, Crowdfunder, Boletia, Dvdendo, Econduce, Nimblr; Amigo Travel Group and Turing Enterprises.
- Advised Rotamundos, a hotel chain focused on rural tourism in Mexico and Latin America, in the structuring of a pre-seed and seed financing round.
- Represented InnoHub Mexico, a technology-focused company builder, in a growth investment by Banco Santander.
- Represented 247 Risk Managers in an equity investment in Bruno Tenedora. Bruno Tenedora will develop technology to provide insurance consulting services through an electronic application to clients in Mexico and South America.
- Represented Axon Partners in a growth investment in Mercadoni, aimed to expanding its operations in Mexico.
- Represented Redwood Ventures in a seed capital investments in Billpocket and Ares Materials.
- Represented Bamboo Finance in a growth investment and several subsequent rounds of financing with debt, in FINAE. FINAE is a Mexican corporation that provides educational funding to socio-economic students. Bamboo Finance is a private equity fund with over $ 250 million dollars of assets under management with a focus on low-income communities in emerging markets.
- Represented a group of investors in a Series "A" financing round of a technology company specializing in digital vouchers and electronic documents.