We work closely with our litigation team not only in connection with restructurings and workouts but also to ensure that every structure and contractual wording that we deploy for our clients in amicable transactions is optimized for maximum efficiency in the unfortunate event that enforcement ever becomes necessary. Members of our litigation team are dual Mexican, and U.S.-law qualified and have litigated in both countries.
- Members of the Firm represented a subsidiary of Grupo Fermaca in the US$440 million financing, led by The Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ, Credit Agricole, ING Capital, Nacional Financiera, Banamex, Banobras and The Bank of Nova Scotia, for the construction, operation and maintenance of a 380-kilometer gas pipeline for service to CFE, the Mexican state utility, in Chihuahua, Mexico (named Project Finance Deal of the Year 2012 by Project Finance Magazine).
- Members of the Firm represented Afore XXI Banorte in its US$1.83 Billion acquisition of Afore Bancomer from Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) (named a 2012 Deal of the Year by Latin Finance Magazine).
- Members of the Firm where part of the team that represented Blackstone real estate private equity fund in the acquisition of General Electric’s Mexican real estate assets for $3.3 billion (named a 2015 Deal of the Year by Latin Lawyer).
- Members of the Firm where part of the team that represented the ExIm Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank in the US$340 million financing of the 601-MW Bajío dual-fuel, combined cycle, independent power production station project, the first Mexican IPP transaction combining sales to CFE, the state utility, with significant third-party quasi- merchant power sales (named Latin American Merchant Power Deal of the Year 2000 by Project Finance Magazine).
- Members of the Firm represented the Mexican joint venture of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries and EDFI in the US$450 million financing for the construction, operation and maintenance of the 495-MW Altamira II dual-fuel, combined cycle independent power production station project (named Latin American Power Deal of the Year 2002 by Project Finance Magazine).
- We represented BMO Harris Bank in relation to the Mexican components of a partially cross-border secured revolving loan facility in favor of National