Our team has vast experience in dispute resolution through this alternative means to the courts, successfully representing numerous clients before arbitration panels of bodies such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) as well as companies, individuals and governmental entities in national and international arbitration proceedings.
The experience of our partners as arbitrators and expert witnesses, as well as the participation of our team as party counsel in arbitration and related court proceedings, allows us to advise and represent our clients in matters with complex legal and factual circumstances, making this process efficient and effective for the resolution of the dispute.
- Represent Crowley Technical Management, Inc./ Marine Management Services, Inc. in the judicial proceedings for the enforcement of the award in Mexico, and other related procedures.
- Represented Exportadora de Sal, S.A. de C.V. in a proceeding for the annulment of the award or the rejection of its enforcement.
- Represented CFE, the state-owned power utility, in multiple power ICC disputes brought by independent power producers, including Mitsubishi, Gas Natural, AES and Mitsui.
- Represented CFE in multiple construction ICC arbitrations regarding certain transmission line and power plants projects in charge of important conglomerates such as ABB Group and Isolux.
- Represented CFE in an ICC arbitration brought by the operator of a regasification and storage terminal (DGL), regarding a change of law dispute for the enactment of certain tax provisions.
- Represented CFEnergia in LCI Arbitration brought by a Mexican operator of natural gas infrastructure, regarding the termination of a pipeline natural gas transportation agreement.
- Represented Grupo Devlyn, a large Mexican optical retailer, in a merger post closing ICC arbitration.
- Represented Laboratorios Tornel (a Mexican producer of veterinary products) in an ICC arbitration regarding a failed M&A transaction.
- Counsel to the Ministry of Communications (SCT) in an ad hoc arbitration brought by the operator of the Anzalduas International Bridge.
- Represented Abengoa, a Spanish conglomerate in a foreign investment arbitration against Mexico under the ICSID Rules, regarding the construction of an industrial waste facility.
- Represented Metalclad in a foreign investment arbitration under NAFTA Chapter Eleven related to the construction of a facility of industrial dangerous waste in San Luis Potosí.
- Represented Mr. Marvin Roy Feldman in an arbitration against the Mexican State regarding the refund of taxes (IEPS) for the export of cigarettes from Mexico to the United States in an investor-state arbitration proceeding pursuant to Chapter XI of the NAFTA.