Omar focusing his practice on Corporate Law, Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Banking and Finance, as well as Private Equity and Entrepreneurship. He has experience advising and representing national and international clients in corporate, real estate, M&A and banking transactions.
Omar holds a law degree from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM). He is also studying Accounting at the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM).
- Represented U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) in connection with a $45 million USD credit facility in favor of Mexarrend, S.A.P.I de C.V. (Tangelo), a technology company specializing in alternative financing.
- Advised Casa Dragones (Playa Holding Corporation) on its global expansion to start operations and the sale of its products in new countries, which entails the coordination, negotiation and preparation of several legal documents over multiple jurisdictions and connecting with legal teams of all over the world.
- Advised Palantir Technologies on an ongoing basis, on all corporate matters of its Mexican subsidiary: Palantir Technologies Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Acted as general legal counsel of Cognizant Technologies, leading provider of information technology in Mexico.
- Represented The Lost Explorer Mezcal, a handcrafted spirit made in Oaxaca, on all corporate matters.
- Represented BMO Harris Bank as lender of a USD 20 million credit facility to a U.S. steel manufacturing company with the dual U.S.-Mexican law governed corporate guaranty of its Mexican parent not of payment but of collection and characterized as a joint borrower obligation of such parent for Mexican legal purposes.
- Represented U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) and Calvert Impact Inc. in the negotiations and structuring of a secured line of credit in favor of Imperative Advisors to finance Echale's construction of 5,000 homes for the benefit of unbanked families in Mexico, many of them led by women. This financing is part of DFC's 2X Women's Initiative, through which the agency sponsors projects that are women-owned, women-led or provide products and services that empower women. Echale is a company focused on social development that offers housing solutions to low-income families and contributes to the integral development of communities.
- Assisted Creation Technologies in the cross-border acquisition of Applied Technical Services, an electronics manufacturing services provider that designs and builds electronics components used in a range of products across industries.
- Assisted Palantir Technologies with the design of the legal strategy to be followed by the Mexican subsidiary in preparation of the IPO of Palantir in the US.
- Advised Compañía Casa Dragones de México on internal corporate and contractual matters.
- Represented a Creditor to structure the guarantee under a credit line of $24 million dollars in favor of a Debtor, a Mexican non-bank financial institution that lends to a diversified portfolio of businesses.
Accounting degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), Mexico
Law degree, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico