Octavio focuses his practice in the area of Civil and Commercial Litigation, specializing in complex litigation, such as Bankruptcy and Insolvency Proceedings, in defense of bankrupt companies, creditors, and governmental entities.
He is also a specialist in Amparo Proceedings and has experience in constitutional and human rights conflicts. Likewise, he has specialized in areas such as National and International Commercial Arbitration, as well as Corporate Law, with negotiation skills and regulatory issues in governmental and business development matters.
Octavio has a law degree from Universidad La Salle, A.C., obtaining the "CENEVAL Award" for excellence in the General Examination for the Law Degree, which was granted to him by the National Evaluation Center for Higher Education.
- He has participated in complex insolvency proceedings in Mexico, as well as in parallel proceedings with other jurisdictions, in defense of insolvent companies, creditors, and governmental entities.
- He has collaborated in the representation and advice to several domestic and foreign clients in the recovery of assets of various debtors through negotiations and judicial proceedings.
- He currently acts as assistant to the Conciliator and/or Trustee appointed by IFECOM in various bankruptcy proceedings.
- He has collaborated in advising on various corporate, contractual, and transactional aspects of both domestic and international companies, including the incorporation and/or merger of companies, acquisitions, corporate restructurings, and strategic alliances, and has participated in the implementation of corporate governance rules and sound business compliance practices. "He has participated in the implementation of corporate governance rules and sound corporate compliance practices.
- He has collaborated in advising on the participation of foreign investors in Mexican companies, including obtaining specific authorizations for foreign investment.
Diploma in Amparo Proceedings, Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation, Mexico, 2021
Diplomado en Juicio de Amparo, Suprema Corte de Justicia de la Nación, México, 2021
Diploma in International Commercial Arbitration, International Chamber of Commerce, Escuela Libre de Derecho, Mexico, 2021
Diploma in Corporate Law, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico, 2020
Diploma in Commercial Insolvency, Mexican Bar Association, Mexico, 2020
Diploma in Insolvency Law, Tiran Lo Blanch, Mexico, 2020
Diploma in Financial Education, Comisión Nacional para la Protección y Defensa de los Usuarios de Servicios Financieros, Mexico, 2021
Seminar, Regulatory Law: Cannabis regulation and drug policy in Mexico and the world, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Mexico, 2020
Course on Commercial Bankruptcy and COVID-19, Colegio de Contadores Públicos de Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico, 2020
Law Degree, Universidad La Salle, Mexico, 2019