José is a litigation attorney with more than 20 years of experience in various judicial proceedings regarding a wide spectrum of civil and commercial disputes, including bankruptcy proceedings. He has participated in multiple arbitrations of the International Chamber of Commerce, with a significant experience in disputes with independent energy producers and in the construction of electrical infrastructure. Likewise, he has experience in the drafting of energy supply agreements (PPAs) and natural gas supply agreements, as well as construction agreements (EPCs).
José holds a law degree from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, an LLM from Northwestern University and a Legal Argumentation Specialty from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM).
- Defended the rights and interests of the estate of a private client in a nullity action regarding the sale and purchase of land in Baja California Sur more than fifty years ago with a value of more than 25 million pesos.
- Represented Investigación Farmacéutica S.A. de C.V. on legal actions to recover the possession of a property located in the city of Cuautla, Morelos.
- Represented a private client in a summary collection action, securing a final ruling which ordered the defendant to pay the amount claimed plus ordinary and default interests accrued.
- Represented Aceros Camesa S.A. de C.V., a subsidiary of WireCo WorldGroup, world's largest manufacturer of wire rope, in a dispute against a subsidiary of Mexico’s largest construction company and its holding company, to collect amounts owed for the sale of diverse steel products.
- Represented Getman Corporation, a global supplier of mobile equipment, with over 65 years of experience in customer-focused solutions for the underground mining industry, in a dispute brought by a former distributor in Mexico, alleging the breach of an exclusive distribution agreement.
- Represented an Assian Car Assambler in multiple disputes with a former bus and truck dealer in Mexico. Certain provisional measures that seriously affected the operations of the client's subsidiaries in Mexico were suspended and revoked.
- Represented Overseas Private Investment Corporation in a mortgage foreclosure action on a multimillion-dollar real estate property in Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco.
- Represented an Aircraft Leasing Company (Galaxy) in taking possession of a leased aircraft from a Mexican regional airline.
- Represented a European car manufacturer in non-pecuniary damage proceedings.