Eduardo is an attorney with more than 8 years of experience advising domestic and foreign clients in doing business in Mexico. He has focused his practice in corporate governance and real estate matters, specializing in merger and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital transactions and finance law, representing a broad portfolio of clients, including private equity funds, fintech companies, startups, and other private and public entities.
Eduardo holds a law degree from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México.
- Represented Prairie Capital in the Mexican portion of the global sale of one of its portfolio companies, Architectural Lighting Work (ALW), a leader in providing interior and exterior architectural lighting solutions with LED lights to LMPG Inc, a leader in LED lighting solutions based in Montreal. The transaction took place in a context in which the country's maquila industry will benefit from nearshoring.
- Advised Elevva, since its landing in Mexico, in its strategy of brand acquisitions operating in Mercado Libre, replicating in the Latin-American region the trend of aggregators of e-commerce brands that has been so successful in the United States.
- Advised Syniti’s Mexican subsidiary “DMR LATAM” on general legal advice on all its corporate matters. Syniti is a leading data management services company, with client portfolio including Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
- Advised Palantir Technologies on an ongoing basis, on all corporate matters of its Mexican subsidiary: Palantir Technologies Mexico, S. de R.L. de C.V.
- Acted as general legal counsel of Cognizant Technologies, leading provider of information technology in Mexico.
- Advised Doopla, a renown direct marketplace lending platform, structuring and designing its loan agreements for each of the multiple products offered to their clients through their platform, including their registration under the regulator specific registries.
- Represented the United States International Development Finance Corporation in connection with a $45 million USD credit facility in favor of Mexarrend, S.A.P.I de C.V. (Tangelo), a technology company specializing in alternative financing.
- Advised Stephens Family in the negotiation, structuring and documentation of a multimillion-dollar sale of the real estate known as “Rancho Potrero” in Punta Diamante, a luxurious residential area located in Acapulco Diamante, Guerrero, one of the most iconic and exclusive beaches in Southwestern Mexico.
- Advised Sotheby’s Concierge Auctions, the world renowned luxury auction company, in the recent Real Estate deals carried out by Sotheby’s Real Estate auctions branch: Sotheby’s Concierge Auctions (SCA).
- Advised Akivinta on structuring the purchase, and regularization of a premium upscale mixed-use residential properties and most recently in top hotel resorts.
- Represented Newell Brands Inc., a global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products, in the successful implementation of a merger that combined the business operations and assets of three of its Mexican subsidiaries in Mexico.
- Assisted Creation Technologies in the cross-border acquisition of Applied Technical Services, an electronics manufacturing services provider that designs and builds electronics components used in a range of products across industries.
- Represented Ideas y Capital as inhouse legal advisor and on transactional issues, including equity and debt financing rounds at Deporprivé, Crowdfunder, Boletia, Dvdendo, Econduce, Nimblr; Amigo Travel Group and Turing Enterprises.
- Represented InnoHub México, a technology-focused company builder, in a growth investment by Banco Santander.
- Represented the entrepreneurs of Tequila Casa Dragones in the acquisition of a majority position on the company by Byron D. Trott (BDT Capital Partners).
Diploma in Corporate Law, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), 2018
Law degree, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM), 2017
- Capital privado y emprendedor en México, ¿futuro para la innovación tecnológica?, Expansión, Mexico City, 2023 (only available in Spanish).
- “Getting the Deal Through: Real Estate and M&A 2018”; (published in November 2017); Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd.
- “Joint ventures in Mexico: overview; 2017/18 edition”. A part of the Joint Ventures Law Global Guide- Practical Law - A Thomson Reuters legal solution.
- “Getting the Deal Through: Real Estate 2017”; (published in November 2016); Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd.