Carlos focuses his practice primarily on transactional law, M&A, real estate, and finance, in which he has managed to close relevant transactions at national and international level, working together with top-level firms in jurisdictions such as the United States, Canada, Eastern Europe, France, among others.
He has advised crowdfunding companies and various peer-to-peer platforms.
Carlos holds a law degree from the Universidad Panamericana, with a specialization in Commercial Law Institutions. He has an LLM degree from The University of Southern California.
- Currently represents Doopla, a peer-to-peer lending platform, to obtain its authorization to operate as a financial technology institution.
- Assisted in the representation of Sterimed in the acquisition of Especialistas en Esterilización y Envase (EEE), a Mexican and international leader in the manufacture and distribution of health-related products, as part of its expansion plans in LATAM.
- Assisted in the representation of Skyview Capital on the cross-border acquisition of the Mexican subsidiary of Conduent Incorporated (NYSE:CNDT), as part of a global transaction.
- Assisted in the representation of Bertram Capital on the Mexican fraction of the investment in Perennials and Sutherland which involved the purchase of a maquiladora and at the same time documented the loan in which Bertram guaranteed the production obligation, resulting in a successful transaction.
- Assisted in the representation of Trodat GmbH for the acquisition of the assets of Trodat's exclusive distributor in Mexico, Gizmo.
- Assisted in the representation of Syntax Systems, a leading provider of cloud-managed Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) services, as purchaser in the acquisition of Freudenberg IT Mexico (FIT).
- Assisted MediaMonks in the negotiations of the biggest Mexican contract with Grupo Posadas, to renew its complete marketing structure, app functionality, and media content, acting as the sole legal representative in Mexico of MediaMonks, and successfully managing the negotiations.
LLM, University of Southern California, United States of America, 2020
Fintech Certificate, Wharton Online, United States of America, 2020
Commercial and Corporate Law, Institutions Specialty ,Universidad Panamericana, México, 2016
Law Degree, Universidad Panamericana, México, 2015
- Coauthor Getting The Deal Through – Real Estate M&A, 2017 (México).
- Coauthor, Fintech Industry in Mexico, An Inminent Regulation
- Getting The Deal Through – Real Estate M&A, 2018 (México)
- Coauthor, Lexology Navigator: Fintech in Mexico, 2018
- Coauthor, International Comparative Legal Guide: Mexico Private Equity Guide, 2018 (disponible en: https://iclg.com/practice-areas/private-equity-laws-and-regulations/mexico)