María Fernanda focuses her practice in Corporate, Real Estate, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity and Venture Capital, as well as Banking and Finance.
She has experience advising and representing national and international clients in corporate and regulatory compliance matters, Mergers and Acquisitions, Banking as well as Private Equity and Venture Capital transactions.
She holds a law degree from Universidad Panamericana and an Essentials of US International Tax Law diploma from NYU School of Law.
- Advised and represented Newell Brands Inc., a global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products, in the successful implementation of a merger that combined the business operations and assets of three of its Mexican subsidiaries in Mexico.
- Represented Grupo Finansiell (Doopla), a peer-to-peer lending platform, in obtaining authorization to operate as a financial technology institution.
- Advised Playa Spirits/Compañía Casa Dragones de México on internal corporate matters and regulatory compliance.
- Advised Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation on financial transactions and various corporate matters.
- Advised Sterimed, a world leader in the medical packaging sector, in the acquisition of Especialistas en Esterilización y Envases, one of the leading Latin American players, based in Mexico, in sterilization and infection control packaging solutions.
- Advised New-Indy Containerboard in the acquisition of Reliable Container, a subsidiary of Georgia Pacific. in Tijuana, Baja California.
- Represented Vilebrequin in the acquisition of its exclusive distributor in Mexico.
- Represented Olarena Hospitality Group in a chain-wide regulatory compliance project located in Los Cabos, Baja California.
- Represent Newel Brands Inc. in the merger of three of its service entities in Mexico, including the preparation of all necessary documents to complete the mergers.
Law Degree, Universidad Panamericana, 2021.
Diploma, Essentials of US International Tax Law, NYU School of Law 2021