Attorney with 15 years of experience providing legal services in the field of corporate, transactional, and real estate law and with solid experience in private equity and venture capital transactions. Juan Carlos represents both domestic and foreign clients, in the public and private sectors, in the planning and implementation of their businesses in Mexico, as well as the design of the appropriate corporate structure to carry out such businesses.
He has a law degree from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México; He holds a Master of Laws from Northwestern University and a Master of Business Administration from Kellogg School of Management.
- Advised and represented Newell Brands Inc., a global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products, in the successful implementation of a merger that combined the business operations and assets of three of its Mexican subsidiaries in Mexico.
- Advised Skyview Capital in the cross-border acquisition of the Mexican subsidiary of Conduent Incorporated (NYSE: CNDT), as part of a global transaction from which the new entity “Continuum Global Solutions” emerged.
- Assisted Creation Technologies in the cross-border acquisition of Applied Technical Services, an electronics manufacturing services provider that designs and builds electronics components used in a range of products across industries.
- Advised Syntax in the acquisition of Freudenberg IT Mexico (FIT), a global provider of cloud services and information technology. As a result of this transaction, Syntax will now have the ability to expand its services to provide SAP (System Application and Product) consulting and services while expanding its geographic presence in Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, in addition to adding 850 employees to its labor force.
- Acts as general corporate legal counsel, as well as a transactional advisor to Ideas & Capital in Mexico.
- Advised Newell Brands on the merger between Newell Rubbermaid de México and Sunbeam Mexicana, to incorporate a new company of $400 million dollars. The merger was the cornerstone in the corporate restructuring of the Newell group in Latin America, derived from the global acquisition of Jarden Group by Newell.
LLM, in International Business Law, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico, Degree in process
LLM, Northwestern University Chicago, United States of America, 2013
Master in Business Administration, Northwestern University - Kellogg School of Management, Chicago, United States of America, 2013
Law Degree, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico, 2009
Certificate in Corporate Law, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM), Mexico, 2008
- “Getting the Deal Through Real Estate 2017”; (published in November 2016); Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd.
- “Getting the Deal Through Real Estate and M&A 2018”; (published in November 2017); Reproduced with permission from Law Business Research Ltd.
- “Joint ventures in Mexico: overview; 2017/18 edition”. A part of the Joint Ventures Law Global Guide- Practical Law - A Thomson Reuters legal solution.