Jorge has over 20 years of experience, focused primarily on asset-backed financing, project finance, and other types of structured finance, including public and private securitizations of financial assets and other types of assets, financing with incremental efficiency derived from multi-jurisdictional tax attributes, structured leasing, real estate financing, restructurings, and workouts. He is an expert in M&A, Private Equity, and Real Estate transactions, including the development of partnerships for large-scale residential projects. In addition, he has represented trustees and common representatives of bondholders, as well as derivative and treasury products. Jorge is ranked as one of the best lawyers in banking and financial and capital markets matters in Mexico.
Jorge has a law degree from the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México.
- Represented BMO Harris Bank with respect to the Mexican components of a partly cross-border secured revolving borrowing base facility to National Kwikmetal Service LLC, National Kwikmetal Service de Mexico, and NKS Properties, LLC as borrowers, and NKS Mexico Holding LLC, as a guarantor. Mexican collateral includes a broad spectrum of present and future personal property of National Kwikmetal Service de Mexico.
- Represented Credit Suisse Mexico, Asset Management Division (“CSAM”), in all related due diligence, waivers, and collateral re-configuration with respect to the combined approximately $1 billion pesos in loans granted by CSAM to Mexarrend and related companies now merged into Mexarrend.
- Represented Afore XXI Banorte, in its acquisition of Afore Bancomer from Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) for $1.83 billion dollars.
- Represented Afore XXI Banorte in the joint venture with La Caisse de Depot et Placement du Quebec for $2.5 billion dollars including the incorporation of CKD Infraestructura México.
- Represented Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in a credit facility guaranteed for $7 billion pesos from Banobras.
- Represented Nadbank, NAFIN, Banobras, and Bancomext in a $300 dollar million financing of two solar power generation projects of Zuma Energía with a significant merchant component.
- Represented Fermaca in the $378 million dollar financing from Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ, Credit Agricole, ING Capital, Nacional Financiera, Banamex, Banobras and The Bank of Nova Scotia for the construction, operation and maintenance of a 381 kilometer natural gas pipeline in the state of Chihuahua; IDB and a group of commercial banks in the financing of a co-generation plant in Garza García, Nuevo León.
- Represented Electricidad Águila de Altamira, a joint venture of EDF Mitsubishi, in the financing project of the Altamira II electric power generation project.
- Represented ExIm Bank, IBD, and commercial banks in the financing of the Naco Nogales power production station project.
- Represented EximBank, IDB, and commercial banks in the financing of Bajío a power generation plant.
- Represented West LB as arranger and lender in the $210 million dollars true off-balance sheet securitization of CEMEX.
- Represented various originators of mortgage loans in RMB monetization's and warehousing transactions of accounts receivables for a total amount greater than $600 million dollars, including bridge loans financed by financial institutions such as Deutsche Bank, Dresdner, and OPIC.
Law Degree, Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, México, 1992